Gifts to the Transitions Foundation may be given now… or they may be deferred.
Current Gifts are those that come to the Foundation now … they can be given in a variety of ways:
- often, current gifts are gifts of cash
- current gifts may also be made with securities
(stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- current gifts may be made with closely held stock
- current gifts may also be made with gifts of real or personal property (real estate, jewelry, artwork, collections)
- current gifts may be made with retirement plan benefits, often providing the donor with tax benefits
- current gifts may also include in-kind gifts (items or merchandise that can be used in the operation of Transitions’ programs and services)
“… what we have done for
others and the world remains …
and is immortal”
~ Alfred Pine
Deferred Gifts are those that are planned now… but are received by the Foundation at a later date. Deferred gifts are often given as a part of an estate plan.
Deferred gifts enable people, at the end of life, to continue their care and concern for people – children with special needs, adults with mental disabilities, and troubled youth.
Deferred gifts provide enduring support for Transitions’ programs and services… and a deferred gift entitles you to become a member of our Legacy Society.
If you like to learn more about deferred or planned giving, please contact Barbara Baker Chapin at (217) 223-0413 or email her.